Android App Developer position for exciting LA based startup, backed by Niklas Zenstrom, Skype founder’s Atomico Ventures. FreedomPop is disrupting the $100 Billion wireless data market, with a social freemium model and a mission to enable FREE broadband internet access for all Americans anywhere. FreedomPop’s disruptive service and innovative products including the FreedomPop Freedom Phone have been covered extensively by leading publications including Forbes, Wall St Journal, CNET, Engadget, Techcrunch, Business Week and Bloomberg.
We are looking for a gifted Android developer passionate about technology and looking to disrupt incumbent carriers including Verizon and AT&T with our new Freedom Phone device. Providing free voice, data, and text to users on an Android based device.
The position is located in West Los Angeles with compensation commensurate with experience.
- Bring our ground breaking new phone to market by building our suite of apps that turn a phone into a Freedom Phone
- Help build our custom android ROMs for converting phones to Freedom Phones
- Manage and deliver the entire app life-cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test, release, support
- Create compelling, easy to use android specific user interfaces and experiences
- Develop prototypes to test new concepts and designs
- Setup and configure A/B tests and implement analytics
- Work closely with product management, designers, and backend-engineers in developing new features
- Work at a rapid start-up pace to develop new features, fix issues and solve problems
- Proactively suggest and implement ways to make the product better
- Demonstrable experience building excellent mobile apps that are currently in Google Play or Amazon App Store
- Extensive experience with OOP, Eclipse, Android ADT and SDKs
- Knowledge of how to build ROMs, OTT apps, and low level Android engineering skills major plus
- Experience with mobile development, methodologies, and toolkits
- Solid understanding of interfacing to back-end systems using XML/JSON, REST, OAUTH, etc.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor
- 4+ years developing creative, compelling, user facing applications
- BS or MS in computer science or equivalent experience